This idea has been floating around in my head for a little while now. Its October which basically means its the time for pumpkin everything. But pumpkin pie is such a classic, so I decided to stick to the basics
We’ve been learning about pastries and pie crusts in my Food Study class, and naturally i wanted to put my knowledge to the test. For totally winging it, Im pretty happy with my results
For the Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1.4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp olive oil***
- 3 tbsp water
For the Filling :
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup truvia (or any other no cal sweetener)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350, and coat your muffin tins with a non stick spray
- For the crust, combine the flour and salt together in a large bowl
- In a smaller bowl, stir oil and water together. Combine oil mixture with the flour and mix until a dough forms. Add more flour or water as needed.
- Press your dough into the muffin tins and up the sides
- For the filling, combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Scoop filling into the crusts and bake for 25-30 min until crusts are set
*** I did the first batch with olive oil and the second with melted butter. The both turned out the same!
this recipe can easily be made into 1 large pie, or smaller pies using a mini muffin tin! These are the perfect little dessert for fall. Top them with some whip cream and enjoy 🙂