Sooooo yes, I’m aware that this isn’t a new concept. I decided I don’t care bc I think my little spin on these babies is a real winner. By now, you know I’m a firm believer that all foods fit into a healthy lifestyle. But while regular pancakes are good for your soul, these pancakes are a good way to fuel your body to take on the day!
- 1/2 medium banana
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 TBS vanilla protein powder (I use About Time!)
- 1 tbsp whole grain pancake mix (like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 packet stevia
- Mash banana with a fork
- add in egg white, protein powder, pancake mix, cinnamon, and stevia. Mix until well combined
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and turn it to medium high heat
- Pour the batter onto the skillet and cook until each side is done, about 2-3 minutes
This is just the base recipe, but you can easily add in whatever you like! Blueberries, chocolate chips, the list goes on!
I topped mine with cinnamon, almond butter, and agave syrup, and paired it with a side of fresh fruit!
Hope you’ll give this a try, i know you’ll love it. Because come on, you KNOW those look just like the real deal 😉