I can’t believe it’s already the last day of the year. Anymore, I feel like time just FLIES, especially as I get older.
I’m not usually one to set New Year’s resolutions, because come on, lets get real: almost everyone gives it up by mid-January. But last night before I went to bed, I started scrolling through all the pictures that I took this year. I thought about everything that happened to me these past 12 months, trying to point out all the positive events. And as I reached the last photo, I concluded: 2015 was pretty damn good to me. Not saying there weren’t ups and downs, but overall, I had a good year. I hope that 2016 is just as great, if not better. So to help that happen, I decided that this year, I want to develop a more optimistic mindset.
During my reflection, I realized I can be such a negative person. I’m tough on myself, and I tend to focus on my misfortunes rather than what God has blessed me with. And I’m tired of it! How can you except to be happy if you’re so pessimistic all the time?!
SO. To kick of my resolution, I narrowed down all the wonderful, amazing things that happened to me in 2015:
- I had dinner at Monterey Bay in Pittsburgh and experienced one of the greatest meals of all time.
- Became an active member of the Chi Omega Fraternity
- Met the girls who would soon become my best friends
- Actively pursued recovery of my eating disorder and finally started gaining weight!
- Fell in love and became more involved with CHAARG
- I met the guy with who I would eventually begin a relationship
- FINALLY got the chance to go hiking
- I started blogging!
- Survived my freshman year of college!
- Had a blast at the Kenny Chesney concert (even if we didn’t go in)
- Started working at the YMCA and fell in love with the senior citizens that regularly come in the mornings.
- I went to the Wiz Kalifa/Fall Out Boy concert with my friends
- Went on vacation to the beautiful San Diego and didn’t want to come home!
- Visited my cousin down at West Virginia University (and learned how to live it up Morgantown style 😉 )
- Went to the Green Bay vs Steelers pre season game (and saw Aaron Rodgers up close ❤ )
- Started my sophomore year at Kent State
- Led the short distance 7am runs for CHAARG, and ran in our first annual runCHAARG 5k
- I started going out and enjoying myself at school
- Killed it as Marty McFly for halloween 😉
- I modeled for my friend Morgan’s final project for her Fashion visuals class
- Showed Andy around the Strip District and got to have breakfast at Deluca’s ❤
- Enjoyed yet another wonderful holiday season with my family
And I’m sure there’s WAY more. But the point is, I really want to continue focusing on the positives, loving myself, and seeing the good in others this year. Im looking forward to what the new year brings, and I’m anxious to see what the future holds
Happy New Year!