I absolutely LOVE oatmeal, + I know I can’t be the only one! Its like a warm hug in the morning to help me get through the day!
This recipe combines our *AMAZING* breakfast staple with the sweet, summertime flavor of peaches, + a good dose of *healthy*, monounsaturated fat from the almond butter! The salt, on the other hand, helps kick up the sweetness of the peaches even more 😉
Enjoy this before your workout to help ya fuel up, as a reward after you’ve sweated your butt off, or just as a nice relaxing weekend breakfast 🙂 Your pick! Either way, you’ll go nuts for this oatmeal!
- ⅓ cup oats
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup frozen peaches [thawed + diced]
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp almond butter
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- almonds [chopped, optional]
- pinch of salt
- agave/honey for topping [optional!!]
HOW TO MAKE IT//
- in a pot over medium high heat, add oats and milk. Cover + let cook until some of the liquid has started to absorb.
- meanwhile, put peaches in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Take out + dice [don’t drain the liquid!!]
- stir in chia and flaxseeds, + continue to cook
- turn heat down slightly + add in peaches and cinnamon
- When it reaches a desired consistency, transfer to your bowl
- Top with almond butter, almonds, salt + agave [if using!]
Stick a spoon in it + enjoy!! 😉