I’ll fess up: I was bored more than I’d like to admit as Christmas break entered its final week. A lot of times, no one was around and I was left to find ways to entertain myself. I decided to take on the task of making dough from scratch so my family could have a healthy pizza for dinner! After scanning Pinterest, I found a couple recipes and ended up tweaking them and combining elements of a few in order to create my masterpiece 😉 Most of it was adapted form this here. One of the main differences was that i used pizza crust yeast, which means you don’t have to allow the dough to rise after you kneed it!
- 1 packet Fleischmanns Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking stevia
- Combine flour, salt, yeast, stevia and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Slowly add water and mix until completely incorporated; adding more flour if needed to handle. (* I used my kitchen aid with the dough hook attachment!)
- Kneed dough until smooth and elastic.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until ready to use
I put my dough in the fridge since i made it so early in the afternoon. I rolled it out onto a baking sheet when It was time to start dinner.
I preheated the oven to 425 and baked it for 12-15 minutes
I decided to top the pizza with cartelized onions, roasted sweet peppers, roasted cherry tomatoes, spinach, mozzarella cheese, and basil
Then we baked it until the cheese was slightly melted
For my first attempt, I was pretty proud of myself! It was delicious and surprisingly easy, definitely worth making again